Modern Glamour: Gabrielle Union
At this year’s Met Gala, celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles created a modern, glamorous look for Gabrielle Union using Chantecaille. The soft smoky eye was dramatic but not harsh, and her fresh skin and neutral lip were classic but very ‘now’. Below, Stiles’ shared her entire breakdown for the look.
1. ”I used Future Skin Foundation in Banana in the center of Gabrielle’s face and Suntan around the perimeter and applied Future Skin Cushion Skincare Foundation in Espresso for a touch of contour. Real Skin+ Eye and Face Stick concealers in shades 8, 9 & 10 to create dimension on the face.”
2. ”A light swipe of Éclat Brillant Face Powder gave a pretty highlight down the bridge of the nose.”
“For the eyes, I wanted definition and shape but with no hard lines, just extreme soft glamour.”
2. ”I started by smudging Luster Glide Eyeliner in Raven along the upper and lower lash lines, buffing it out. Then I applied a layer of the Earth shade at the edge of the black and buffed that with the Smudge Brush to create a tonal smokey eye.”
3. ”For the eyes, I wanted definition and shape but with no hard lines, just extreme soft glamour. On the upper lid, I dusted on a layer of the Luminescent Eye Shade in Leopard to add a touch of sheen to the lid and then a bit more of the liner shades to lock in the depth.”
1. ”For the lips, I used Lip Definer in Tone all over the lips. I love using a lip pencil all over to give a good, secure base for lipstick and gloss.”